Overcapping & Inserting
Sort, feed and insert plastic plugs into round, plastic containers.
This machine utilizes Farason Integral Prefeeder and Hoppmann Model FT-30 Centrifugal Feeder. Plugs are preoriented and fed from the
feeder down a chute to a pick-off.
They are pulled out of the chute pick-off by the upper starwheel and supported on a dead plate. The dead plate ends and plugs drop into the containers positioned by the lower starwheel.
An overhead press-down belt assembly completes the process by exerting a downward force to snap the plug into position within the container.
Plug presence and depth is verified subsequent to the overhead belt. Rejected bottles are directed onto a collection tray.
- Centrifugal parts feeder
- Integral floor level prefeeder
- Inline/continuous motion
- Rotary starwheel – plug placement
- Overhead press-down belt
- Inspect/reject device
- Speed range: up to 300+ PPM
- Stainless steel construction
- Anodized aluminum components
- Complete interlocked guard package
- Fast tool-less change-over
- PLC-controlled sequence logic
- Operator interface terminal
- Color-coded light column
Overcapping, plugging, part inserting & assembly