Sort, Feed and Assemble
Fragile caps, highly susceptible to scuffs and scratches, are manually loaded into a bulk supply hopper, located under the sorter. An elevating conveyor raises the caps into a Farason Model SDP-36 Pocketed Disc Sorter, where they are oriented and fed out onto a conveyor.
The caps enter a timing screw for pitch synchronizing with a corresponding multi-part puck. A 2-axis, Cartesian, pneumatic pick and place, equipped with a detachable end effector, removes the caps from the timing screw and places them down onto the filled lipstick bases.
At the next station, the parts are removed from the puck and rotated 180°. Simultaneously, cardboard trays with dividers exit a magazine and are positioned for loading.
A 2-axis, Cartesian, programmable pick, and place, equipped with a detachable end effector, place the lipstick bases into the trays row by row.
Filled trays accumulate on a roll-away table.
- Sort and feed fragile caps
- Integral compact prefeeder
- 2-axis pick & place capper
- 2-axis pick & place de-pucker
- Tray magazine de-stacker
- 2-axis pick & place tray loader
- Speed range: up to 20 cycles/min
- Stainless steel construction
- Anodized aluminum components
- Complete interlocked guard package
- Fast tool-less change-over
- PLC-controlled sequence logic
- Operator interface terminal
- Color-coded light column
- Maximum speed is dependent upon the number of parts handled/cycle
The system is adaptable to a variety of small component assembly uses.