Sort, feed, orient and assemble a five component “Lead Check” test kit, utilizing three Farason Model SD-18 Disc Sorters to sort and feed an inner plastic tube, a fibrous applicator swab, and a cardboard outer sleeve.
A cam-operated walking beam carrier receives the inner plastic tube from the first sorter bowl and moves the part through the assembly process.
Ampoules are fed from two Hoppman Model FT-15 Centrifugal Feeders, tooled by Farason, and are inserted into the inner sleeve during the cycle dwell.
After sorting, the fibrous applicator swab is fed into an indexing alignment wheel and subsequently guided by a funneling device as it is inserted into the inner plastic tube.
An acetone and methanol mixture is dispensed onto the swab to adhere it to the inner plastic sleeve.
Lastly, the cardboard outer sleeve is sorted, fed and pressed over the inner tube assembly. Systems are designed to suit customer’s specific application.
- Sort and Feed Five Components
- Fragile Glass Ampoule Feeding
- Inline - Intermittent Motion
- Walking Beam Style Carrier
- Accommodates Varying Assemblies
- Inspect - Reject Device
- Speed Range: Up to 80 Cycles/Min
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Anodized Aluminum Components
- Complete Interlocked Guard Package
- Fast Tooless Change-Over
- PLC Controlled Sequence Logic
- Operator Interface Terminal
- Color-Coded Light Column
The system is adaptable to a variety of small component assembly uses