Sort, Feed and Assemble
Sort, feed, place, and screw-on spray pumps. This machine utilizes Farason Model SDP-48 Pocketed Disc Sorter and a Hoppmann Model EP-8 Prefeeder.
Spray pumps with overcaps are sorted and fed out onto a conveyor, where they enter a timing screw for pitch synchronization with the bottles. A 2-axis pick and place removes the spray pumps from the timing screw and transfers them over to the bottles.
Filled bottles are positioned by means of a timing screw. Both timing screws rotate intermittently to index a predetermined quantity of spray pumps and bottles into position under the pick and place, simultaneously.
With spray pumps positioned over the bottle, a secondary device captures the dip tubes and guides them while the spray pump is lowered down onto the bottle.
Farason purchased and integrated an inline cap tightener for pre-starting and achieving the required torque.
- Sort and feed spray pumps
- Inline/intermittent motion
- Dip tube & overcap verification
- Dip tube straightening device
- 2-axis pick & place
- A multi-head detachable end effector
Up to 20 cycles/min
- Stainless steel construction
- Anodized aluminum components
- Complete interlocked guard package
- Fast tool-less change-over
- PLC-controlled sequence logic
- Operator interface terminal
- Color-coded light column
- Maximum speed is dependent upon the number of parts handled per cycle
Capping, overcapping, plugging, part inserting & assembly.